Multicolor Goldenrod Embroidered Raya Maxi Dress by Larkin Lane
Summer's HERO piece - the Maxi Dress by Larkin Lane!
When you wear a dress, it's basically one decision and you're DONE. Why can't everything be that easy?
Hand-embroidered by a group of talented female artisans in Mexico, the Gardenia Collection symbolizes the flora and fauna surrounding the artisans' village. In the words of one woman: 'Bordamos la vida a puntadas, amiga' or 'We embroider life to stitches, my friend'.
Materials: Cotton/ linen fabric with cotton and rayon embroidery threads
Colors: Ivory, Multicolor
- - Hand-embroidered and crafted by talented artisans in Mexico
- - Ribbon ties are wide enough to cover a bra strap (no strapless bra needed!)
- - Ribbon ties are adjustable
- - Stunning embroidery is on front of dress and on ribbon ties
- - Flattering ruffled tiered shape
- - All sales benefit the artisans directly
Mexican textiles reflect a passion for color, pattern, and design. Using centuries-old techniques, traditional artisans still use vegetables, fruits, and barks to make natural dyes. Taught by their mothers and grandmothers, women weave intricate patterns into each piece with symbolism dating back to Mayan times.
Your purchase supports these craftswomen and men and their mission to keep Mexican traditions and culture alive. Thank you!